No upcoming auditions.
Watch this space!
Saturday 29th September in The Market Theatre:
LADS’ Famous Panto – 2019
Alice In Wonderland the Pantomime
by Limelight Scripts
Director: Hamish Ellwood
Producer: Craig Watson
Musical Director: Chris Corcorran
Choreographer: Heather Cambridge
Performance Dates: 17th – 20th and 23rd -26th January 2019
Auditions will take place at:
9.30 Junior Chorus Registration
10.00 Junior Chorus – singing and dancing auditions (plus Soldiers / Dormouse / Mineworkers and Dancers), and ‘Alice’.
12.00 Junior Chorus – end of auditions
12.30 Adult Registration
1.00 Adult Auditions – singing auditions* followed by character auditions
Anyone auditioning for a roles marked * will be required to sing a solo song of their choice.
Please bring a backing track with you.
Please note there will be no adult chorus.
The outcome of auditions will be notified by email within 1 week – the decision of the audition panel is final.
- Alice: An inquisitive and adventurous young girl* (12yrs to 18yrs)
- Dame Millicent: Alice’s over-the-top mother*
- The Joker: The effervescent royal jester
- Knave of Spades: A nasty power-hungry baddie*
- Tweedle Dum: One half of a silly comic duo*
- Tweedle Dee: Comedic partner and brother of Tweedle Dum*
- Queen of Hearts: She who must be obeyed. Loud, brash and bossy
- King of Hearts: The mousy hen-pecked husband of the queen
- Princess of Hearts: A beautiful and melodramatic young Princess*
- Prince of Diamonds: A handsome and melodramatic young Prince*
- White Rabbit: A scatty and highly-strung animal
- Wizard: A wise old magician. (appears in Act 2)
- Mad Hatter: A completely mad individual (one big comedy scene)*
- March Hare: Completes a comic duo with the Mad Hatter (one big comedy scene)*
- Sergeant: Typical loud-mouthed military type character
- Hippies: A group of sixties-style drop-outs
- Cheshire Cat: A strange ephemeral creature (one comedy scene)
- Caterpillar: A condescending caterpillar (one big musical – UV scene)*
- Junior roles: Soldiers, Dormouse, Mineworkers and Dancers
Rehearsal dates will be anounced at the auditions – they will be a mixture of Saturdays / Sundays and an evening during the week (depending on role)
For further information please contact Hamish Ellwood.